Comedy is the body of knowledge centered on such concepts as timing, structure, wit, and pratfall, and also the academic discipline that studies them. Benjamin Peirce called it "the science that draws unnecessary conclusions". Other practitioners of comedy maintain that comedy is the science of pattern, and that comedians seek out patterns whether found in monkeys, grapes, cricket, the west coast of tanzania, imaginary abstractions, or elsewhere. Comedians explore such concepts, aiming to formulate new conjectures and establish their truth by rigorous deduction from appropriately chosen axioms and definitions. Notable masters of comedy include Hugo Chavez and George W Bush.
It is also Boris Johnson's mandate in full.
Also, the middle names of both John and Andy. This fact is suppressed.
History of Comedy Edit
Comedy was brought into being in c. 610 BC with the completion of the Tower of Babel, the world's first comedy club. At that time the peoples of the world could understand each other, solving misunderstandings then laughing about them. After an anonymous deity wrote a very scathing review of the Club Babel, the crowd dispersed across the earth. Archeologist Dr. Andy Comedy Zaltzman has made many digs on the site were the club once stood and has salvaged some of the jokes for his own act. The most commonly recognised pinnacle of comedy was reached by Wil, Indy, in the greatest email ever sent.
Origins of Comedy Sub-genres: Edit
- The origin of situational comedy lies with Sir. Isaac Newton. An apple fell on his head, killing him just after he had invented gravity.
- "It's funny cause it's true" comedy was birthed by Joanna the Mad. 'Nough said.
- Adult comedy was sensuously crafted by Florence Nightingale at her underground nightclub "The Dirty Bandage". She told jokes during her nightly burlesque act.
- Fart humor was invented by a giggly baby in October 1009. "Pull my finger" was developed only a few months later.
- Saying random things and confusing people into laughing is still being experimented with, most notably by Dr. John Comedy Oliver and Dr. Andy Comedy Zaltzman.
Death of Comedy Edit
Paramount Pictures has is being investigated for their involvement in the murder and post mortem molestation of comedy. Paramount could not account for its whereabouts on June 20, 2008, the same day that comedy was found dead in its Miami beach front mansion. Police were informed of Paramount's involvement by Dr. John Comedy Oliver who had already admitted involvement in the crime. Dr. Oliver is currently out on bail, but is facing indictment for conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to create a Mike Myers film not co-staring Dana Carvey.
Fuck you Chris